Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon Evan S. Gold, DMD, MD
MEET DR. GOLD
Born and raised in Staten Island, New York City, Dr. Evan Gold completed his undergraduate studies at Stony Brook University. He then attended University of Pennsylvania where he obtained his Doctor of Medical Dentistry degree. Dr. Gold is a California licensed physician as well, having completed his Medical Degree from Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio. While in Cleveland, Dr. Gold completed an internship in general surgery and combined residency in oral and maxillofacial surgery. He then studied abroad at the prestigious Royal Melbourne Hospital and Children’s Hospital in Melbourne, Australia gaining valuable experience in oral and maxillofacial surgery.
After spending several winters in Cleveland during residency, Dr. Gold and his family decided they wanted to live in a warmer climate and San Diego’s north county has been a welcomed change. Dr. Gold has been an oral surgeon in San Diego county since 2003. Patient comfort and safety are most important and he makes every effort to accommodate patients and keep their experience as comfortable and relaxing as possible. One of the ways he accomplishes this is by performing in-office general anesthesia, for which he completed education during medical school and residencies in general surgery and oral and maxillofacial surgery. Dr. Gold holds a general anesthesia permit from the Dental Board of California.
Dr. Gold has dual degrees and is board certified in oral and maxillofacial surgery. He also maintains hospital privileges at Scripps Encinitas Hospital. He belongs to numerous professional organizations including the American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons, California Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Dental and Medical Associations, American Society of Dental Anesthesiology, San Diego County Dental Society, and Academy of Osseointegration. He is also a guest faculty member with the American Board of Aesthetic Medicine. He has authored numerous journal articles and has lectured to dentists and other professional groups.
Dr. Gold is active in his community and supports many local charitable organizations. In his spare time, he enjoys spending time with his family, is an avid golfer, and aspiring drummer.
Education & Training
- Bachelor’s Degree — Stony Brook University
- Doctor of Medicine in Dentistry — University of Pennsylvania
- Doctor of Medicine — Case Western Reserve University
- Residency in General Surgery & Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons — Active Member
- California Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons — Active Member
- American Dental and Medical Associations — Active Member
- American Society of Dental Anesthesiology — Active Member
- San Diego County Dental Society — Active Member
- Academy of Osseointegration — Active Member
- American Board of Aesthetic Medicine — Guest Faculty Member